Tungs Orthodox Acupuncture
Tung’s Orthodox Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese acupuncture system that traces its roots back 76 generations from the esteemed Master Tung Ching-Chang family line. Tung’s system is often described as “orthodox” because it adheres closely to the ancient principles of acupuncture passed down through generations. It incorporates the same meridian theory and acupuncture points found in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), but it incorporates unique needling techniques and point selections and areas of the body that distinguish it from other acupuncture systems.
Key Principles of Tung’s Orthodox Acupuncture
1. Distal Needling: One of the hallmark features of Tung’s system is the emphasis on distal needling, which involves needling acupuncture points located far from the site of pain or discomfort. This principle is rooted in the idea that stimulating specific distal points can effectively influence and balance the flow of Qi (energy) throughout the body, thereby alleviating pain and promoting healing.
2. Precise Point Selection: Tung’s Orthodox Acupuncture relies on a precise set of acupuncture points that are often not used in other acupuncture systems. These points are carefully chosen based on the patient’s unique constitution, condition, and symptomatology. This individualized approach ensures that treatment is tailored to the specific needs of each patient.
3. Strong Stimulation: Tung’s system often involves using thicker needles and employing a stronger needling technique compared to traditional acupuncture. This results in a more pronounced therapeutic effect, making it particularly effective for chronic and stubborn conditions.
4. Less needles are used for a more focused treatment for the complaint being treated at that time. This principle of using less needles creates an internal vector which increases the therapeutic effect and speeds up recovery time.
Benefits of Tung’s Orthodox Acupuncture
1. Pain Management: Tung’s Orthodox Acupuncture is renowned for its exceptional ability to relieve pain. Whether you suffer from chronic back pain, migraines, arthritis, or other musculoskeletal issues, this method can provide significant relief by balancing the body’s energy and promoting natural healing.
2. Quick Results: Many patients report experiencing rapid improvements in their symptoms after Tung’s Orthodox Acupuncture sessions. This quick response is often attributed to the precise point selection and strong needling techniques employed in this system.
3. Holistic Approach: Tung’s system not only addresses physical ailments but also takes into account the emotional and mental aspects of health. It aims to restore the body’s natural balance, promoting overall well-being.
4. Reduced Side Effects: Unlike some conventional medical treatments that may have adverse side effects, Tung’s Orthodox Acupuncture is safe and generally well-tolerated. Patients often experience minimal discomfort and no adverse reactions.
5. Complementary to Western Medicine: Tung’s Orthodox Acupuncture can be used as a standalone treatment or in conjunction with Western medicine to enhance the overall therapeutic outcome. It is increasingly recognised as a valuable complementary therapy in integrative healthcare settings. This is why it is so easy to incorporate this method of acupuncture with other therapies to maximise recovery.